Monday, July 8, 2013

Fairy Shoe

Last month was 'Fairy Day' and in support of this lovely occasion I decided to make a miniature paper fairy shoe. Using the lovely 'Enchanted Garden' paper collection from Kaisercraft my job was made so much easier. There are two lovely dainty fairies on these papers and I decided to use the sitting fairy.



The shoe itself is made from a free shoe template download that I found on the internet, you can find it HERE, I altered it slightly to get the look I wanted, lengthening the upper toe part to twice the lengh to cut later, I used a small chess piece for heel, placing it upside down.  Once the basic shoe was made and bent into shape, I used Stickles in Antique Gold around all the edges and then gathered up some green lace along the back of the heel.


I then placed feathers behind my fairy to emphasize the wings and a butterfly cut out from the papers with a little pearl trim to tidy everything up. The addition of a few flowers from Mad About Scrappin was all that was needed here.


I sat the fairy on a large Daisy flower which I purchased from a Flog it Friday (FIF) event on the Mad About Scrappin Facebook Page and then tucked natural moss, leaves and more lovely flowers around the front.


The toe of the shoe was then decorated with more ruffled lace and white rosebuds from the store, a pink wheat spray (also purchased from FIF) was placed on the top to add sparkle and interest and then the long extended part was cut into thin strips and curled over which creates a whimsical effect. 

I added just a little glitter to the lantern the fairy is holding and glued a tiny butterfly, curling it's little wings just a touch.

I hope you like this project because it was such a lot of fun to make and brought back memories of my childhood years.

Thank you for stopping by :)

Jeanette

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: